Saturday, February 26, 2011

Introducing....my stockpile!

I coupon to save money... and I save money by stockpiling. Think about it. If I can catch Suave deodorant on sale for less than a quarter, then I had better be using multiple coupons to stock up! Stocking up eliminates that uncomfy feeling of finding yourself stuck in the potty with no toilet paper in the house.
I have been couponing for a while, but the stockpiling just began a bit over a month ago. My first item was Pantene mousse.. I go through about a can a week with these lovely locks, so it made sense to stock up like mad when I found them on sale and used coupons to get them for less than 50 cents each. Any other Pantene girls out there? Those bottles will run you anywhere from $3.75-$5.15.
The easiset and cheapest items to accumulate are the soaps, lotions, shampoos, deodorants, and toothpastes. In fact, I have to stop myself. I really don't need anymore soap.
Laundry detergent and toilet paper takes me a bit more time, but I'm doing a lot better than I was 2 months ago!
I love the groceries stores in my area. Every one of them doubles coupons up to $0.99! This has allowed me to stock up on Peanut butter, pasta sauces, cereals, and popcorn for pennies! The skippy and pasta sauces were the biggest deals at $0.11 each after coupons. And my popcorn was about $0.30 each after Giants doubled my coupons while it was on sale!

Today was a lot of fun. My thrifty spending has made it possible to buy two shelves to start our stockpile on! Prior to tonight my kitchen cabinets have been overflowing. And there is nothing more agravating than your pre schoolers finding the stocked up peanut butter and eating from every container with a spoon. Seeing all the Cheerio's boxes opened hasn't been a picnic either.

So here is what I have so far... Looking forward to building on it, especially in the grocery department, and donating the excess to my favorite causes.

2 comments: