Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just saved 75% on my grocery bill! Here's how!

Last night, Bloom, was filled with over excited and bubbly super saving coupon diva's. I was one of them! My cashier even commented how pleasant everyone has been today.
It's hard not to be extrememly happy and excited when you see just how much all your hard work of scouring the ads and clipping coupons pays off.

One day a month, Bloom, has super double coupon days. This is where they double coupons up to $1.99!!
I went in loaded with any coupons I had between $1 and $1.99 off, and scored some big savings.

This evening I bought $175 dollars worth of groceries.
I paid $60 for everything!

Every item in this picture was purchased using a coupon. In fact, these days, I don't by anything unless I have a coupon with it!
This bill is incredibly confusing. So I will list the items purchased along with their regular price. At the end I'll add the savings from my Bloom card followed by savings just from the coupons I used!






2 GM Lucky Charms $8.78
2 Ritz Chips $5.98
3 Kellogs Special K Oats N Honey $10.17
2 Pop Secret Popcorn $5.98
1 Post Honey Bunches of Oats peach $3.22
6.38lbs of red seedless grapes $19.27
4.76lbs of bananas $2.80
4 Smart balance half gallon milks $13.16
6 packs of Jello Pudding $17.94
2 Danimals yogurt packs $5.98
2 Dannon Yogust smoothie packs $4.98
20 Yoplait Yogurt cups $14
7 Dannon Yocrunch Yogurt cups $4.90

Total: $152.51
Breeze card -$27.05 (their store discount card)
Mfc's: -$75.00 (that's right.. just from coupons!)

Total Out of Pocket: $50.46

Along with my purchase, a few Catalin's printe up. Savings on more yoplait and cereal. So dad loaded the kids in the car, and I went back in while I could still double the coupons!

Trans 2:
20 Yoplaits $14.00
8 YoCrunch $5.60

Total: $26.81
Breeze card: -$4.00
Mfc's: -$9.40
Total out of pocket: $13.41

SO in all I spent a grand total of $63.87.
I saved a total of $115.45

That's $179.32 of groceries for $63.87!! Nearly 75% in savings!!!

A pat on the back from my cashier who informed me that I beat the record of the day of 48% savings.

OOHRAH!!!

4 comments:

  1. Super double coupon days!! Wow, great job & congrats!! I just came across your blog from the KCL fb page, I'm loving it!! The pic of dumpster diving rocks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I ask where you found the Danimals coupons? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura you're so cute. :0 I will be soon be a krazy coupon clipper in training. We are buying a house!! Woot! we are going from a teeny tiny 2 bed to a 4 bd 2.5 bath. I'm gonna need all the savings I can get!!! (especially now that I'll have a place to store all my goodies!!)

    Love from the Desert, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, Laura! Hope you all love yogurt! :)

    ReplyDelete