Sunday, January 30, 2011

Look who raided the health and beauty aisle

Recently I discovered the coupon bidding wars on Ebay. I paid .99 for 20 coupons of $3/2 Pantene products. I generally go through about one can of mousse every week to keep my golden locks frizz free.
I split the coupons between a sale at Walgreens this week and our commissary. Walgreens was advertising Pantene products 2 for $5. My coupons subtracted $3 bringing the total to $2/2 or $1 each. At the commissary Pantene was on sale for $2.50, which brought the total down to yet again $1 each. I stocked up on 18 cans of Pantene Curl Mousse that are regularly worth $4 a can ($72 for 18), and barely spent $18!

I also stocked up on Caress shower gel for roughly $1 each, normally $4+ and suave deodorant for .06 each at CVS, although I failed to keep the receipts and brag on my strategy.

Finally, the commissary has tampax tampons 18ct on sale for $2.03. All the ladies know that's a steal of a sale! Combine that with a coupon for $2/1 box, and you'll walk away paying .03 cents for each box! I have a stack of 20 of those very coupons that I purchased off ebay for .99 and can come away with 20 boxes for .60 cents!

The secret to saving so much is using a stack of the same coupons when the product is on sale and stock up. Combine that with register rewards (walgreens), extra bucks (cvs), or up rewards (rite aid), and you can literally walk away with a bag of goodies for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment